Friday, 18 June 2010

Dean Bass (Carly`s old bass)


In 1999 I needed a bass urgently for a Danish tour - I found this used Dean in Bonecat Music Middleton. it may be a cheappo - I really have no idea  - it has no model number or any form of ID,but  I'm told it's from when Samick owned Dean. On the back plate you can just make out someone has inscribed " Carly's Bass" so, left handed bassist Carly, I've got your old bass.

Anyway, I really like it, it's nice and good to play and deep deep deep. The neck pickup failed so I`ve put a replacement in I got from Ireland. It can be heard  on  several  of my tracks  including "Boogie Woogie 'Till The Cows Come Home".    I record through a Boss compression sustainer CS-3 DI (direct inject)  into the desk. That really works for me.

Bass playing favorites / inspirations, in random-ish order are :-
Paul McCartney, James Jamerson, Lisa Featherstone, Willie Dixon,  Duck Dunn.

1 comment:

Benny Pacheco said...

I'm in Puerto Rico and I have the same Bass, I bought it at 2008. My name is Benny...