Monday, 2 May 2011

I thought I'd had an original thought...........

..............but somebody beat me to it. Currently trying to think of a good title for the album, I've had a few maybes , but a quick surf of the net and virtually every one had been used before. Was looking at " Feedback on the Ground" which was a deliberate mishearing of "Help me get my feet back on the ground" Sounded funky - already used. Pre internet days we could have used it in ignorant, wonderful bliss ! Will get it though, in time.
We're well into recording now, we've got about 9 or 10 tracks (mostly) done. All new songs using voice, guitars, bass, mandolin, harmonica with Mike Walker - amazing- on percussion and drums. We're using real instruments, acoustic guitar through a microphone, real acoustic drums and the like , and it feels good, sort of organic. At the moment I'm mostly using an old Antoria acoustic mandolin, a Tanglewood (Earth 200 LH ?) acoustic, a Busker Canon Resonator for slide, and the Ibanez Musician solid body electric . Very soon to go into the mix, Helen Walker with her awesome keyboard skills. Also I'm into stereo in a big way so in the mixing Helen is placing stuff, for example double tracked vocals,in interesting places. Cool.

No comments: