Tuesday, 6 November 2012

She's My Baby That's The Way It's Gonna Stay - lyric

Track available separately
or on the album
Rock 'n' Roll Outsider
Words and music copyright
Dave Peters on Everyday Records

Don't ask her mamma, she says that I'm a deadbeat
Don't ask her daddy, he only goes in retreat
Don't ask her sister, she won't see how you missed her
Don't ask her brother, he'll hide her under cover
Be careful who you ask, watch out what they say,
She's my baby that's the way it's gonna stay.

Don't ask her teacher, he won't know how to reach her
Don't ask her lawyer, the last time that he saw her
Don't ask her driver, to him she's a conniver,
Don't ask her baker, he'll say she's just a faker
Be careful who you ask, watch out what they say,
She's my baby that's the way it's gonna stay.

SOLO

I outta go back, to check that she's a Slovak,
I outta find her just so's I can remind her
And if I ask her , I'll surely not regret it
Her inner karma, I'll like as not upset it
Be careful who you ask, watch out what they say,
She's my baby that's the way it's gonna stay
(Repeat last line)

No comments: